JY Calgary Newsletter
Greetings in Christ!
JY Calgary had a blessed start to the 2016 New Year, with a mission to focus on developing leaders within JY while strengthening community and fellowship. Furthermore the 3 priority areas became formation, strengthening of community and outreach.
Activities January- April 2016
– Bi-weekly small group meetings and JY prayer meetings.
– Start of 2 campus ministries, in University of Calgary and Mount Royal University.
– Edmonton Shalom Retreat Youth Outreach (April 1-2)
– Supported the Toronto March Break Teens Retreat (March) and Winnipeg Discovery Retreat (May) with resources from the community.
Strengthening of the community:
– Worship night with Fr. George (February)
– 3 Night Vigils with JY Family Ministry (March-April)
– Easter Special Event (April 2)
– JY Commitment day with Mass & Adoration (May 14th)
– Calgary sent 4 people to the National Formation Training Program in Toronto (Jan).
– Gifts Workshop for the community led by National Team Member, Mimi (Feb 6th).
– Calgary DTP 2015 Reunion and debrief (Feb).
– Syro Malabar Parish > Supporting the parish youth group, and developing retreats for the youth (August-September 2016).
– Canadian Martyrs Parish > Development of a youth group at parish beginning in May 2016, with the support of Fr. Vincent. And reach out to Junior High and High schools in the community of the Parish (September 2016).
– Retreat focused on “Living life in the spirit”.
Thank you to the JY National Team, National Youth Team, and JY communities across Canada for your support and prayers! Please continue to keep our JY Calgary initiatives and community in your prayers! Thank you.